Yayoi Kusama

Yayoi Kusama frees her fear of painting, trying to show her illusion with repeated dots and indulges in it.

f94bf4f20c151b9b5cf355930cb70f47.jpg

The repetitive, dense, vivid colors, the dizzying changes, the sensual stimulation and the comprehension of the author's innermost or intense or subtle or subtle stream of consciousness, all of her works are surrounded by Induces resonance in one or more parts of the body.

058f8350d0150d293ca40fe331500f14.jpg

My favorite is that tentacle group! Tentacle-controlled red eyes Twisting and dense tentacles can hardly be more pleasant, including ships filled with X-rasters and the presence of symbolic tentacles. These are all derived from Yayoi Kusama's own fear of sex.1208969.jpg

In my opinion, Yayoi Kusama flat pattern is deceitful. Watch that work for a long time, and they hypnotize you instantly into her familiar darkness and the dazzling abyss. I think that's why I like her work so much.

Jan Tschichold

Jan Tschichold  was a calligrapher, typographer and a book designer. He designed posters, was a teacher and wrote books on typography.WechatIMG102.jpeg.2

I really like the layout of this poster. The circles and triangles are grouped together and turn the words into black and white. The whole poster is dominated by black and orange colors. Graphics are made of faces and lines. It looks simple and intersting.

WechatIMG105.jpeg

He designed the font complex and simple. Simple and elegant appearance and clarity. Complex fonts give the impression of a fancy art. In my opinion, his fonts are inspired by math beta and alpha and flowers. There are two or more letters in his font. I think it is very interesting and I also want to design similar letters.

WechatIMG103.jpeg.1

This poster gives a three-dimensional feeling. He uses radiation to make the word change from big to small and eventually to beauty. This poster is simple but gives a feeling of wanting to see more. The upper right corner of the person is closed or looking down is to let people see this single. I think this poster is so interesting.

Barbican Art Gallery

WechatIMG90.jpeg

Jean-Michel Basquiat
I've got to admit to feeling a little bit emotional when I first came in here. I feel hie works is amazing physical presence in the space.5d44aef28176d2adaba5a5e8eb28a53b.jpg

I saw the interview about Jean-Michel Basquiat works. In the interview, I've summed up what the interviewee said 'I'm fascinated by the idea of the epigenetic inheritance. This idea of memory that transfers over generations. I think particularly across generations who've experienced trauma so Holocaust survivors who pass on to their children this kind of sense of trauma which often becomes inverted into incredible creative gifts but sometimes into different forms of mental illness and one recognizes in some of this work the way in which for peoples of African descent there's a sort of parallel experience of slavery of colonialism of racism somehow having an impact on generations and and I think I often feel that this work is a kind of map of some of that.'

e6d6eb558e73979323354b507f267530.jpg

In my opinion, I think one of the things that's fascinating is how much he read biographies I think he was really an autobiographies particularly I think it was really interested in how individuals then narrated their own life experience.

This is Ishtar named after the ancient Egyptian god of fertility you have that sense of real fecundity in the color of this work as well as of course lots of references to ancient Egypt but also to the representation of Egypt within the Bible.915d08a400fda133faecabdb9f761952.jpg

Mike Wilks

MIKE WILKS

The Ultimate Alphabet (ISBN 1-85145-050-5) is a best-selling book by Mike Wilks. It is a collection of 26 paintings, each depicting a collection of objects starting with a particular letter of the alphabet.

3c5906fc63688b7ede6e4abf54e9336a.jpg

Unlike children's alphabet books, it contains unusual words, and is extremely intricately painted, with the paintings in a realistic style, but rendered surrealistic by the strange juxtaposition of subject matter. Wilks himself appears at least once in every painting, as does his trademark snail.

c05c3154b7beaea0547a876a4475bdb0-1.jpg

I like his work, because I think his ideas are advanced, his painting technique is very exquisite and realistic, his composition seem strange, but reasonable perspective can make all the strange things seem very reasonable,I also like his color, and his works use much high purity color, which is looked very full and very bright.WechatIMG1045.jpeg

Because of  the colorful works. I choose this works to do my project which is my book. I use this pictures to do the collage.

Paul Colin

bb52c85866f25447ba3dcb0e6ba59bb0.jpg

Cigarettes Weekend Art Deco Paul Colin, 1930s - original vintage poster by Paul Colin

I really like this poster is because I think this poster clearly shows the three people who are on weekends and holidays. Three people lying on the beach chair leisurely and smoking cigarettes. The poster's name is Cigarettes Weekend. The picture on this poster shows the name of this painting very well. He used the color printing is also looked very comfortable. He used blue, green and yellow are warm colors. This poster makes it easy for everyone who works or studies every day. I think that's what Paul Colin wants.

cea3591c979d5e7f37469da149f772bb.jpg

Vintage Poster - Paul Colin - Tabarin - Cabaret - Showgirl - Dance - French

He have a lot of posters like this. I like his style so much and I want to learn. Also, I will make a similar poster like his.

Jan Tschichold

Wassily Kandinsky

Vassily_Kandinsky,_1913_-_Composition_6.jpg

Wassily Kandinsky ‘Composition IV’ 1913

I saw Wassily Kandinsky's work while I was studying graphic score project. I think his work is very abstract and colorful. He uses different thickness pen and different lines. The dark parts of his paintings like red, brown, dark blue, khaki and purple are probably drawn in heavy melodies, while pink, yellow, light blue and light green are drawn in melodic light. Straight line and curve is also because of the difference between the different tone was drawn. I fell his painting is attractive and wonderful when I saw his composition work snd I think I will study his style in the future when I have similar project.

Vassily_Kandinsky,_1913_-_Composition_7.jpg

Jonathan Safran Foer

Jonathan Safran Foer  is an American novelist. He is best known for his novels Everything Is Illuminated (2002), Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2005), and for his non-fiction work Eating Animals (2009). His most recent novel, Here I Am, was published in 2016. He teaches creative writing at New York University.

_MG_75103ab1.jpg       _MG_77489f36.jpg

I watched the video making this book. The steps are like this. Print out the words needed for each page with A1 paper and spread out. Use the template carved out each page need to reveal the shape of a few lines of words and then use the machine one by one the unwanted blank deleted. Re-use the machine cut into the book look and then make up a book.

_MG_7708312e.jpg      _MG_7742066e.jpg

I think the interesting part of the book is the hollowed out place. And this book is pure white, giving a simple and generous feeling. People also want to take a look after reading. I think the difficulty of making this book is the formatting problem that needs to be hollowed out before reworking. Anyway, I feel like this book is very interesting and I really like this book.