Jewelry, Footwear & Fashion Accessories

Today the lesson today is based on 3D design and how to choose different technology to make them. The teacher showed us a lot of famous designer final works which was very successful works.  I learned to use three ways to design : suspend, supports and surround.

- Suspend is something connect some thing or something sling to something like earring, umbilical nail, mouth nail and so on.

- Support is something  to brace something like use toothpick to brace your eyes and use bottle to brace your jaw.

- Surround is something have the aid of something than reflect a new thins like your hair is sticked by leaves.

Today, teacher ask us to use 30mins to think 30 ideas and it should be based on surround, support and suspend.

I design a mask and a shoulder protect by using hard paper and rope.My inspiration comes from Atelier XJC.WechatIMG80.jpeg

My inspiration comes from Atelier XJC. I think this black shoulder pad is the same as the wings. The bracelet on the hand is an ornament matched with this shoulder pad.

I did this shoulder protect is based on support. I did a mask is because I think a mask with a big smile is looks funny and I did the shoulder protect looks like a t-shirt. What I do is a garment for the body because the only material in our hands is paper and rope. From the beginning, I just wanted to make a seemingly funny mask.  I found that the rest of the paper could be folded to make a fashionable dress When I cut my mask. I think of Atelier XJC's design. After I folded the rest of the paper, It became a 'V' dress. 'V' is also the back so I use the rope to connect 'V'.WechatIMG81.jpeg

I want to make a harder shoulder protector with something harder such as iron If I have more time and material.

Build It-Architecture

Today's lessons is about architecture, it is very special and geometrical. We've look through the topic of the buildings and the interior fittings, some of them are impossible but still been built successfully, some of them are functional and attractive. Personally, I like geometric shapes a lot, they combine lines and shapes together, and look very three dimensional. Sometimes they are infinity, because they can be added more layers, to develop and improve the structures. We have looked at some examples of interesting architecture.  One of my favorite designs is Geodesic Sturctre. This design is all set up with a triangle made of wood. This design looks like a huge oval hat. Although I do not know exactly what this design is, it looks very comfortable and interesting. This design may be used to play games for children because there is a bunker below. Children will not feel any pain if they climb up and fall.

• teselate
  • counter balance
  • materiality
  • utility
  • animate
  • structure

These words are very important in buildings and these words are the soul of architectural design.

TODAY, we learn how to build a solid figure by using bamboo skewers.

I learned 

- use computer to design 3D stuff to design difficult picture.

- triangle is very useful

- use different shape to make space bigger

- visualization is very important

There are some designer works.

BACK TO THE LESSON.

We learned to use bamboo skewers to build triangles and pentagon to combine solid figures.

We set up a shape, it is not a normal shape which got equilibrium edges, there is a little star at the bottom, and it tend to be narrower at the top. I think it looks like a Christmas hat. At then, me and my partner decide to add more layers.

Tutors ask us to combine our sculptures together with other group to make them a bigger sculpture. Looking around carefully, I found a group got similar shape with ours, they've also got a star shape, so I asked them and wondered to joying together. After we fixed them together, they look so well. We took pictures for them. They look beautiful with the shadow at the background, I can see the stars by layers. And I really like the idea using light and shadow to present this project, however it might not very appropriate to Architecture but at least the picture looks aesthetic.

Then, we use paper to decorate our design. We sealed the uppermost triangle with paper, placed a paper-made window grille on the middlemost hexagon, placed the paper on the lowermost irregularly shaped figure, and scissors Become a bar, looks like water.

We use the cell phone lighting design shone on the wall and then use the camera to shoot. Because the middle of the window has many different shapes of holes so looks very nice.

The design we made looks like a lampshade, so I and my partner think the design can be a library. because library is the place that people can read book inside, so light is a important thing, they can enjoy the light everywhere in this library. Also the shape is very attractive, people might will want to stay there.

Photographic Communication Design

Today, we got one word each one and 2 people in one group. I got 'BODY' and my partner got 'psychology'. 

WechatIMG9.jpeg.1

We focus on PHOBIA. In my opinion, I think we can do this subject by people lying on the bed and 'souls' around us. My inspiration comes from a ghost movie. This ghost film is about a person doing bad things so devil is so ridiculous that every time he lay in bed when he felt someone under his bed and pulling him. We use black textile, red ink, red lacquer and we find a lots of paper and types from the rubbish bin.   We find 2 guys to help us as demons. We copy that movie and take photos.IMG_6739.JPG.1IMG_1329.JPG.1

In the future, I would like to make a short film about ghosts because I think it is interesting to think that there is  ghost or not in the world.

Product Design

The title was USE IT... it tells us how to use a thing.

We can use  a lot of things to product the chair or others:

- stacking            - swivel

- work                 - folding 

- rocking            - outdoor

- high                 - dining

- low                  - lounge

We saw a lot of designers about designing chairs in class. One of my favorite designers is Martino Gamper, 100 Chairs in 100 Days. These chairs look bizarre. There are round chair legs, x-shaped. Also used a different material, there are wooden rattan plastic.

WechatIMG79.jpeg

We use 30 mins to think about the people how to use the chairs. Watching and drawing.

The teacher gave us a seemingly very cheap and very cheap chair design paper, let's cut it down to design what we want.The teacher gave us 30 minutes to paint any action anywhere in the chair. I was inspired when they were sitting in a chair

There are my ideas:

WechatIMG18.jpeg _______you can put your leg on as a sofa.

WechatIMG19.jpeg________open the middle board, become a desk.  

WechatIMG20.jpeg________pull the drawer, you can put your feet on.

Than, we use paper to do the model of the chair. I pick that desk one. There are the steps to show how to product my 'paper chair'.

1. Cut down the shape which teachers give us.

2. use glue to build it up and make a desk o the middle

In the design process I constantly change the shape of the chair like Martino Gamper. Because we are made of paper so the transformation style is very simple. At first, I designed my chair simply as a chair that can be turned into a table from the middle. But when I saw the chair I thought it was not appealing. I began to change the shape of the chair, I turned the back of the chair into a bookcase, window and so on. Finally, I designed this ladder into a robot, with the back of the chair for books. Looks very attractive.

Fashion & Textiles - Your project

Teachers ask us to take our five interesting things and put them together in groups.

I took two Finger-Gyros, one brush, one key for my room and a power bank. I like the finger-gyros is because it can release stress and it's made me feel so good when I play it. The brush is so nice because it has a mirror on the back of the brush so I can look myself when I wang to brush my hairs. The key had a key chain. It's a drink-opener. it's very convenient when I want to open a bottle of beer. The power bank is very important for me because I use it everyday when my phone is no electricity.

• Using two sketchbook to draw one drawing. One people draw the outline and another one draw the touch feeling
  •   Drawing it in other medias and change people to draw the same things

We use rope to connect 10 things and then fall on the lamp. Drawing what you see by using different medias. We used color pens, pencils color pencils oil painting pens and markers.

This project is about combining and creating ‘visual data’ in both 2D and 3D based on ourselves.  I will also consider the abstract and literal ways in which they connect and their varying levels of importance in my life. This is a textiles based project. Importance is placed on the ability to make selective judgments with the qualities being viewed and handled; surface, texture, tone, shape, silhouette, weight and colour. We have been asked to work in groups throughout the day, initially using everyday objects and materials which I supply and I must consider my relationship to them, and each other. Including their varying degrees of importance to me.

After drawing, we made a view-finder and find what I like best. We use maker pen to draw the line on the vellum paper and put them on the projector to to show the works on the wall or on your clothes.

Fashion & Textiles - Your surrounding

At the beginning of the lesson, teachers ask us to draw what you see and use different media. 

I draw a buildings with color pen, pencil and markers. I draw the building is because iI think the square looks nice.

After drawing, we choose 10 shapes from our drawing, then put the sketchbook together and draw the big shape on the big sketchbook. Actually is on five people's sketchbooks,

From the presentation which the teacher taught, There are a lot of designers who we can research::

• Vionnet
  • Balenciaga
  • Pierre Cardin
  • Christian Dior
  • Aexander McQueen
  • Lssey Miyake
  • Rei Kawakubo
  • Yohji Yamamoto
  • Hussein Chalayan

We cut the shape first and build it up to a solid figure and put together and draw. I cut draw a irregular shape and build it in 3D.

Second, we change the size of paper and cut out in older to design a cloth. I did a collar is made my partner's neck slender, a cone to put on the chat is made it looks funny, a shirt and a skirt and socks.            

Finally, teacher said we need to use different media to draw the outline for my model or blood drawing or drawing more models outline.

Fine Art - Preparing the presentation

1.Collection project brief

- Foundation Fine Art pathways:

• Fine Art 2D
  • Fine Art 3D
  • Fine Art 4D

This is a project that aligns to the Fine Art: 3D pathway Contemporary artistic practice is incredibly open, definitions of which are being constantly discussed and updated. Sculpture and installation can begin with artists finding that working in three dimensions is the most appropriate method of communicating their ideas; equally, the starting point can be a response to materials and space in their own right. Often the process will combine both approaches – conceptual and ‘thinking by making’. You have all had an induction to the workshops at Archway. This project is specifically designed to allow you to apply technical skills towards three dimensional outcomes. 

Today, we use collection to develop and present the content. 

Jim Shaw – Thrift Store

This collection is about painting. There are a lots of paintings. Collection is collected the relationship between things and collection need to find and fabricate. Also, collection can be in many different ways like photographic, paintings, things and so on.

Copy is very important on fine art.

Some collection value can be altered.

We use what we have in bags to make a collection and we arrayed from light to heavy 

Teachers ask us to make collection like artists doing. 

I take photos for the traffic signs.

2. Preparing the presentation  

I chose to follow the traffic signs because I had done a project on traffic signs before and I was very interested in collage. My inspiration comes from Giaeomo Costa.Unknown.jpeg.1
His work is about different shapes and levels of buildings.
I collected a lot of traffic signs on the photo and also found a lot from the Internet. I plan to make a collage.

3. PresontationIf I had more time I would make a A1 size collage of traffic signs

IMG_7842.jpg.2If I had more time I would make a A1 size collage of traffic signs.