App store

Our project is about App Store. I have a conversation with my partner. We know each other first then I think he is a good man and he is kind.

My first idea is about football.He like playing football so i design a app named FBS. This app is very like Tinder. You can find people who likes playing football or watching matches or interested in making friends. You need to fill the label first and then find what you want to find. The label has watching, playing, sharing information about football, have a lot of news about football. If you want to play football, just open the 'FBS' and find who also want to play nearby.

My second idea is about gentleman. My partner said he feel happy and gentle when he help someone like holding door open for someone so I design a app named 'Gentleman'. This app will teach you how to be a gentleman and you will write diary for what you do everyday. You also need to write what people who you help attitude and think about is it good or not. In the end, you will be a gentleman.

My last idea is about study. My partner said he doesn't have any idea when he need to design something sometimes. In my opinion, people sometimes can't have solution when they need to answer a question or need to design something especially arts students so I want to make a app named SOS in study.

I was thinking about our tutors. I think they can't answer our questions immediately and can't be 24 hours online. My app is you need to pay at first and buy subject per month because this app requires hiring teachers. For ours, ex. Arts. First, you need to choose pathway inside. It has GCD, F&T, FA and 3D. Choosing one and  then choose teachers. Secondly, have a conversation with teachers which means ask your question and the teacher will answer you. Finally, evaluation of the teacher. This app is very useful to student. Its review is very high. memory is small and the moeny cost is not to expensive. Students regardless of any subject can ask the app and the teachers will answer your questions. The teacher who is you want to choose is up to you and the teachers is 24 hours online.WechatIMG540.jpeg.1

My tutor said this app is looks simple and the color not good so if  I have more time, I will try to use AI to do it again.

Jan Tschichold - building blocks

Jan Tschichold  was a calligrapher, typographer and a book designer. He designed posters, was a teacher and wrote books on typography.WechatIMG102.jpeg.2

I really like the layout of this poster. The circles and triangles are grouped together and turn the words into black and white. The whole poster is dominated by black and orange colors. Graphics are made of faces and lines. It looks simple and intersting.

WechatIMG105.jpeg

He designed the font complex and simple. Simple and elegant appearance and clarity. Complex fonts give the impression of a fancy art. In my opinion, his fonts are inspired by math beta and alpha and flowers. There are two or more letters in his font. I think it is very interesting and I also want to design similar letters.

WechatIMG103.jpeg.1

This poster gives a three-dimensional feeling. He uses radiation to make the word change from big to small and eventually to beauty. This poster is simple but gives a feeling of wanting to see more. The upper right corner of the person is closed or looking down is to let people see this single. I think this poster is so interesting.

I copy this style to do my poster which is Building Blocks. I think this poster can give me some inspiron so that I did some posters.

Wassily Kandinsky - graphic score

Vassily_Kandinsky,_1913_-_Composition_6.jpg

Wassily Kandinsky ‘Composition IV’ 1913

I saw Wassily Kandinsky's work while I was studying graphic score project. I think his work is very abstract and colorful. He uses different thickness pen and different lines. The dark parts of his paintings like red, brown, dark blue, khaki and purple are probably drawn in heavy melodies, while pink, yellow, light blue and light green are drawn in melodic light. Straight line and curve is also because of the difference between the different tone was drawn. I fell his painting is attractive and wonderful when I saw his composition work snd I think I will study his style in the future when I have similar project.

Vassily_Kandinsky,_1913_-_Composition_7.jpg

On my composing work, I start to learn this artist. I also use a lot of colorful pens, color pencils, acrylic and so on. I use different shapes and I feel that's looks amazing and  dramatic. This artist let me learn a lot. 

Building Blocks

We were asked to design twenty-six letters. Teacher ask us use rubber tape to do. I posted 26 letters on the sketchbook in blue, green, yellow, white and black but I feel that is to simple so I use black rubber tape to do 26 letters which are so around and then I use AI to draw the letters. I feel that AI is so useful to do the poster and so on. We use different materials to make this letter. My project named 'free'. My inspiration comes from feathers. I drew 26 letters in half-feather and half-letter form and then I went to the workshop to make these four letters in wood and made the word 'feather'. The process of cutting wood is very difficult because of angular. The letter 'R' was broken and I did it again when I doing this wood letters.WechatIMG245.jpeg
I made three posters. The first one is about my feather. I used pigeons, circles and letters to make this poster about freedom. The second one is a letter I made up of triangles of rubber tape. The third one is a set of letters about the circle that I made using computerized hand-painted panels. I think circles are also a symbol of freedom.

WechatIMG247.jpeg     WechatIMG246.jpeg    WechatIMG248.jpeg

If I have more time. I will choose to use computer hand-painted to make more perfect poster.

MIKE WILKS - hear make heard

MIKE WILKS

The Ultimate Alphabet (ISBN 1-85145-050-5) is a best-selling book by Mike Wilks. It is a collection of 26 paintings, each depicting a collection of objects starting with a particular letter of the alphabet.

3c5906fc63688b7ede6e4abf54e9336a.jpg

Unlike children's alphabet books, it contains unusual words, and is extremely intricately painted, with the paintings in a realistic style, but rendered surrealistic by the strange juxtaposition of subject matter. Wilks himself appears at least once in every painting, as does his trademark snail.

c05c3154b7beaea0547a876a4475bdb0-1.jpg

I like his work, because I think his ideas are advanced, his painting technique is very exquisite and realistic, his composition seem strange, but reasonable perspective can make all the strange things seem very reasonable,I also like his color, and his works use much high purity color, which is looked very full and very bright.WechatIMG1045.jpeg

Because of  the colorful works. I choose this works to do my project which is my book. I use this pictures to do the collage. I did lake, flowers and grass every pages. I use almost 10 pages of that work and I cut what I need and what should i use in his works.

app store research

1. Wechat

This app named Weichat use like Facebook you can use software to chat each other also you can  share you daily life in this app. This is the most famous app in China. You also can find strange who is nearby and there are a lot of website inside. You can use this app to pay the bill when you in the restaurant or other stores.

??2.jpeg                  WechatIMG251.jpeg            

2. Meitu

This app named Meitu. It also popular in China because u can see. You can use photoshop to edit image on your phone inside on the computer. You can change men to women. You can make yourself more beautiful like make your eyes bigger, make your mouth smaller and make your face smaller. If  you want to make your photo more colorful or light, you can change this color.

WechatIMG252.jpeg     WechatIMG255.jpeg     WechatIMG256.jpeg

Hear make Heard

I listen to the British Library interviews and I choose a interview about Rod Kelly

1) The name is 'Rod Kelly on the challenges of preparing to decorate sliver. '

MY NOTES:

3D form → use laptop

keep drawing to the silver

compose decoration

usually unhappy with decoration

draw at least 3 times

you maybe need a lot of ideas

sketch on paper

sometimes you lose idea so start agin and agin

2) NAME: 'National life stories collection: Crafts Lives.'

NOTES:  

His father → engineer

Biology family

In high school he studied economic, history, sociological.

After high school. He went to art foundation in Preston.

His foundation course is about drawing.

He was interested in metal especially silver and gold

inspiration → workshop

huge potential

painting in primary colors

lack of color sense

he didn't know about perspective

scale and proportion.

but he also feel color is still a weakness for him so he use of two colors → silver and gold.

he really like metal.

Teacher ask us to listen to the interview which has two people and I choose that person. I grabbed his favorite silver this one choose to make a book. At the beginning, I had three ideas. The first is to choose a room with a window and drop the CD on the roof. Then let the sun shine through the window and hit the CD so that each CD emits a colored light on the wall because the back of the CD itself is silver, so this phenomenon can be used to illustrate his favorite silver. Use the camera to take photos and make a book.

The second idea is to select a container and put everything inside and take a photo separately. Finally turned into a silverware because he is a silveriest.

The third idea is to use a collage to make a garden. There is a lake in the middle of the garden. Because of the weather, the lake is freezing a little bit and the ice lasts the whole lake. Use silver to make this ice. Finally, make a silver ball which means that silver has left a deep impression in the rod kelly's heart.

WechatIMG249.jpeg

This silver ball is very hard to do so I did it many times. It is made up of 8 circles which made by hard paper.

If I have more time. I will use computer to make this book.

Jonathan Safran Foer - hear make heard

Jonathan Safran Foer  is an American novelist. He is best known for his novels Everything Is Illuminated (2002), Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2005), and for his non-fiction work Eating Animals (2009). His most recent novel, Here I Am, was published in 2016. He teaches creative writing at New York University.

_MG_75103ab1.jpg       _MG_77489f36.jpg

I watched the video making this book. The steps are like this. Print out the words needed for each page with A1 paper and spread out. Use the template carved out each page need to reveal the shape of a few lines of words and then use the machine one by one the unwanted blank deleted. Re-use the machine cut into the book look and then make up a book.

_MG_7708312e.jpg      _MG_7742066e.jpg

I think the interesting part of the book is the hollowed out place. And this book is pure white, giving a simple and generous feeling. People also want to take a look after reading. I think the difficulty of making this book is the formatting problem that needs to be hollowed out before reworking. Anyway, I feel like this book is very interesting and I really like this book.

I have some inspiron from this book. I feel that I can use this style to do my own book and when I finish my book. I feel if I have more time. I can use this style to do my collage book on the computer.