Research

Saul Bass

WechatIMG55.jpeg      WechatIMG52.jpeg

Saul Bass was an American graphic designer and Academy Award-winning filmmaker, best known for his design of motion-picture title sequence, film posters, and corporate logos.

I saw a lot of works about him. I think his posters are very cool and it can show the implied meanings in his works. we can see the red labyrinth.  The sentence on the pictures said 'The only way out is within.' I think that sentence is very true but people always choose other ways to go and  after they think that's a wrong way, they will go back and choose a new way. In fact, people will go  the right way in the end. I also like his colors from his works. It's just has red white and black. The  colors attract people to see his woks so I really want to copy his work and use his ideology to do my works.

Fiona Rae

cb1fac8e9268e53342ad06b3cc3f92e4.jpg

Fiona Rae is a Hong Kong-born British artist; she is one of the Young British Artists who rose to prominence in the 1990s.

In 1988, she participated in Freeze, an art exhibition organised by Damien Hirist in London Docklands; the exhibition helped launch a generation of artists who became known as Young British Artists or YBAs.

In 1991, Rae was shortlisted for the Turner Prize, and in 1993 she was nominated for the Austrian Eliette Von Karajan Prize for Young Painters.

She was elected to the Royal Academy of Arts in 2002 and is referred to as a Royal Academician allowing the use of RA after her name. In 2002 she was appointed a Tate Artist Trustee between 2005 and 2009. She was commissioned by Tate Morden to create a 10-metre triptych Shadowlandfor the restaurant there in 2002.

In December 2011, she was appointed Professor of Painting at the Royal Academy, one of the first two female professors since the Academy was founded in 1768.

images.jpeg.1     images-1.jpeg.3 images-2.jpeg.1

I really like her works because I think her works are very colorful. From her works, we can see a lot of difference animals on the top of the works. I think she use acrylic to paint on the canvas and I like her freestyles because It's made people feel comfortable see her works. 

Text box