Friendship - image

WechatIMG288.jpeg   

Trypophobia - image

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

Which is first?- image

WechatIMG268 1.jpeg

WechatIMG280.jpeg

WechatIMG285.jpeg

Friendship

The Unit7 is about my partners and my life. We lived together for 3 days in these three days. We talked about many topics together. So my first project is about friendship. My inspiration comes from what we say when we chat. The friends mentioned in the chat have always had their own dissatisfaction. For example: Sometimes my friends can't go shopping with me when I want to go shopping. When I want to go out for dinner, my friend can't accompany me to eat. So I wondered if I could create a person who could be with me when I needed it. I expected to make a three-dimensional model but failed. Because I think if you can make a model, this person can't speak then this person can only be someone who can listen to your complaints. So I thought it would be better to draw this figure.

Friendship - next

Friendship - next

I studied many ways to make this imagined person. Has also done a lot of test. Then decided to take a picture of only one person. Shopping lonely, walking lonely, somking lonely, sad lonely, eating lonely and so on. I researched two artists, Haruka Kōjin and Tomohiro Inaba. There are many mirrors in Haruka Kōjin's work. The mirror is full of mystery. In the mirror, you can see a lot of yourself. You are illusionary in the mirror, you are real. Tomohiro Inaba's work is half the amount of real things, and scattered fragments of illusion. My inspiration comes from the combination of these two artists. Then I stuck a figure with tape. Failed because it is not very good-looking. I cut out a person with a magazine, stuck it next to my photo, and failed again. So I thought of drawing a person with a white pen. An imaginary good friend.

Trypophobia

The name of this project is called intensive phobia. I thought of intensive phobia after watching an intensive thing with my partners.

Trypophobia is a proposed phobia of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps.The condition is not officially recognized as a mental disorder, and is rarely referenced in scientific literature. Although few studies have been done on trypophobia, researchers hypothesize that it is the result of a biological revulsion that associates trypophobic shapes with danger or disease, and may therefore have an evolutionary basis. 

I made a test about intensive phobias, divided into many levels. Placed in the research. Later I was thinking how to show this intensive phobia. So I drew a lot of dense points. Later I felt that this was not enough to show the word "intensive." So I researched two artists. Yayoi Kusama and Damien Hirst. Yayoi Kusama works are really nearby my project. Her works are made by a lot of dots. People fell scared and disgust when they see the works of her. In my project, I want to make a dense of a human skeleton because I want to  know how many people has trypophobia. Danmien First works give me inspiration. I think I can use human skull to do my project. In my opinion, I fell realistic if I use human skull with a lot of holes so That I can make make people fell more scared. 

Trypophobia - next

Trypophobia - next

I made a skeleton with clay. First made the first half of the head. Then use a pen to sculpt the teeth. Then use clay to press the chin. Finally reinforce the human skull with the remaining clay. After the human skull was finished, I sprayed it with a spray of paint. Then I stamped the hole with a pen. After seeing the human skull full of holes, I filled it with red beans. This looks even more scary and disgusting.

In the process of doing this project, I asked my classmates. They gave me a lot of different feedback. Some people said that this thing I did was not refined enough. Some said that I did not do enough to make people feel intensive and frightened. I think about how to improve. If I have more time, I will definitely modify the flaws of the skeleton and make it more vivid.

Which is first?

Which one come first? The chicken or the egg? The chicken? NO! The egg? No, the chicken. No, the egg.

My partner asked in my chat: which one is first? Chicken or egg? What do you think? I pondered this issue for a long time. So I decided to use this as a project. I did research and watched a video. I put the link in the research.

I thought it's enough to make your head spin right off your neck. We have all been through the logic; most of us end up at the same place. As Luna Love good, the dreamy yet dotty which from Harry Potter put it when asked the riddle 'A circle has no beginning.' And indeed, attempting to identify the first case of a circular cause and consequence is an exercise in utter futility. For those who don't have a pot story involving a divine being who spits out perfectly formed species. So, I think it's a no-win situation.

I did an interview and interviewed a lot of people. Some people say that they are the first chicken because chickens can lay eggs. Some people say that it is a prior egg because the egg is round. Everything starts from the circle. This is an unanswerable question for me. So I thought. The result of the question is not important. It is important that different people have different answers. So I made a video. I used the computer and the hand-painted board to draw the picture I needed first on the AI. Then use FINAL CUTS to edit it a little bit. It was hard for me to draw. Because at first I didn't know how to express this video. Later, after another test. I completed this video. I think if I have more time. I want to make a more funny and complete video.

Embedded media

Friendship - image

WechatIMG287.jpeg.1

Trypophobia - image

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

Which is first?- image

WechatIMG281.jpeg.1

WechatIMG282.jpeg

WechatIMG279.jpeg